Thursday, March 17, 2011

Introduction to the session - dealing with some side effects from Chemo.




Everyone  reacts to Chemotherapy differently, that's true. However, there are common side effects that most people experience. A day before my first treatment, an oncology nurse sat me down and went through these side effects. I was alone, and I later wished that someone had been with me. I suppose it hadn't dawned on me that they had to inform me of the worst possibilities. It was a lot to take in, and I felt unsure as to what was actually said, and what I had heard. Since then, I've found that it is helpful to bring someone with me, and then see what they heard, which is very often very different than what I heard, and maybe also different than was actually said!

No comments:

Post a Comment